Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Life Lesson's Learned



It has been a long and exciting semester with new classes, being married and both working at the BYU pool. But it has been a fun one too. Along the way I have learned many important lessons such as better managing time. Crock pots are my favorite! It really helps saving time. I have found that if I can put everything together the night before, leave it in the fridge and then in the morning, wal-la! I can plop it in the pot. Come evening, and our place smells delicious. It relieves so much stress to know that a homemade, wholesome, well-balance meal is already prepared. Fun thing is, I don't even feel I have slaved away at.

I have also learned that as a newlywed couple selflessness is key. The prophets are complete correct in this counsel. It has been a learning experience to allow another (my wonderful husband) to help me more. Interdependence in marriages is wonderful but not something that comes naturally to me. But I know that with the help of the Lord, and the patience of my husband we can do it.

Some other things this school year I have learned is that I can only eat something for about a week and then I am done with it. I have to take a month or so off before I can stand it again. The reason this came up is because I was diagnosed with reactive hyperglycemia (aka my blood sugar drops too low about 2 hours after eating). There is no medication for this, only diet modification. So now life is full of food (can't be that bad, right?) I have to eat every two hours but it can't just be any old thing. No sugar is the first rule. And the second is that when I eat I always need to have a carb and a protein combination. Peanut butter works well. When I am on my PB kick I'll eat: PB and apple, PB on banana, PB on bread, PB on a spoon, PB on crackers, PB on bagels, PB, PB, PB. Once, I actually went through a jar of PB in 2 day. A Record. So right now, I am not touching PB, blah! I've had enough. Another thing I am learning from this is moderation. Eat in moderation. Don't eat the whole jar. :P Other than that, life will be just peachy!

So now with the semester over, Joshua and I are packing up to head home for the holiday's. In the morning we're off to California to enjoy the beach and a wedding, then out to Arizona for more festivities. Once that's all done, it's back to California for a week of the beach and to go to the Rose Bowl Parade. Joshua says we are sleeping on the streets for New Years when we go to the parade but boy does he have another thing coming to him if he thinks I am going to sleep on a street corner! NO WAY! I'll at least be in the car where I can honk the horn to
wish us all a happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment