I saw on Good Morning America Wolfgang Puck talking about doing the food for the Oscars. I LOVE chef's like Wolfgang. One dish that he showed how to make is Paella. On Good Morning America's website they have a recipe for Paella as well. I took most of what I learned from Wolfgang, some from the recipe and added my own flare. Mostly I used things that I had in my cupboard. When I told Joshua I had put my own twist on Wolfgang recipe he exclaimed, "What! Wolfgang Puck's recipe is not good enough for you?" That would be me...doing my own thing. Here is the recipe:
1 small onion - diced
3 pieces of garlic - diced
Oil
Chicken (I used a pre-marinated Santa Cruz style chicken - it was on sale) - cut in small chuncks
1 yellow bell pepper - diced
1 red bell pepper - diced
About 3/4 cup white wine (this adds acidity to the dish and the alcohol cooks out- a citrus can be used as a substitue) 1 - 14 oz can of RoTel tomatoes (I used the store brand version)
cayene pepper - to taste
paprika - to taste
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste
Pinch of Saffron or Safflower
1/2 cups Rice (I used basmati because it is what I had)
1 can of vegatable stock
1 1/2 cup water
Sautee onion and garlic in pan for 2 minutes in oil. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Add yellow and red bell pepper. Stir in rice. Cook for 3 minutes. Add all other ingredients, simmer for 5 minutes. Put in oven preheated to 375 for for about 30 minutes or until rice is done.
We loved this dish. The dish had many layers of flavor.
No comments:
Post a Comment