Sunday, May 22, 2011

Home Sweet Home - and life update

Time is short so this will be also. 

We have been in our new home for 2 weeks now and love it.  There is lots to do and I pray things will stop breaking.  We had some leaking issues but to sum it up - the floors and walls are dry.  Last weekend, we flew Dad up here to fix some plumbing problems.  He was amazing and fixed so much!  His gifts and talents are amazing. 

We went almost a week with no leaks and then there was another problem on Friday with water but we now know the drill - 1. Soak up as much water with all the towels we own which is not many.  2. pull up carpet.  3. Go to Home Depot: rent fan. 

We painted yesterday.  At 2 am we finally went to bed.  It is not all done yet but here is some of our project.

Joshua also mowed our lawn for the first time.  He did a wonderful job.  I got my garden planter boxes all set up as well and have sectioned off the square feet. I am working at a new place and love it.  I am trying to balance life.  Joshua loves his new commute of 5 minutes.  I am glad he has less stress from the commute.  I am now doing the commute to Provo which is where we came from but I am going against the main flow of traffic.

Pictures soon to come of everything.  But until then here are some:

let the house painting projects begin



Joshua mowing our lawn for the first time

couches and stuff stored in the kitchen as we paint the living room


more couches and stuff stored in the kitchen as we paint the living room

carpet pulled up to dry after water leaking problem

drying out the carpet in laundry room after leak- oh what fun.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I was wondering whether or not you moved in yet. Congrats! Isn't it so much fun (besides all the hard work into fixing it up)? I love being in a place of our own. Best word of advice..get a home warranty plan. That way you pay a flat fee every year for someone to come out to fix up your house, appliances and usually pay a small service fee. Totally worth it in my opinion! You must post more pictures of the rooms you paint and decorate. Love you!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A neighbor was just telling us the same thing about a warranty plan. I think we will be investing soon. Until then, I hope walls stay up, the fence keeps standing, the floors stay dry and the plumbing runs correctly.

    ReplyDelete