Sunday, July 5, 2009

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!

To celebrate the Fourth, Joshua and I went to the Freedom Festival in Downtown Provo on Friday. We went in the morning and than again in the evening. There we enjoyed looking at art and all of the vendors merchandise. We saw an animal show, with a nasty huge snake and comedy shows too. In the evening, we decided we would buy coconut rings so that when I go out on trail I can have another ring to wear instead of my wedding ring, and Joshua could just have one because they are so awesome. On mine, we had engraven Te Amo. The man even put little hearts on each side of it. There we also shared a Carmel apple and dippen dots.

On Saturday, Joshua and I celebrated the Fourth by doing laundry, grocery shopping, homework and then finally we made hamburgers, watched one of the original Pink Panthers and then had some friends over. Jessica Wenckus and her boyfriend John Talbot came and joined us for the fireworks. I set out a vinyl tablecloth (yes, mom you would have been proud of me) in front of our apartment complex early in the evening. Once it became dark we joined everyone else who had lined the street to watch the Stadium of Fire firework show.
With good friends we enjoyed the show, took funny pictures, all as we ate strawberry shortcake (it was delicious!). I am truly grateful for the freedoms which we enjoy in this land and the ability to worship in the way that I choose, gain an education in that which I choose and live each day in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment