Friday, February 19, 2010
Technology
Technology truly has changed the way in which our world works and the way we interact with one another. I was reminded of this yesterday when I was setting up phone calls between to professionals, one a therapist and the other an educational consultant. I could not get a hold of the consultant, till the therapist said, "why don't you text him?" I couldn't believe it! I feel strange enough setting up phone calls through emails (I'm getting more use to that) or even setting them up through instant messaging secretaries at offices we work lots with. Sure enough though, I text the consultant asking if we could arrange a time when Dr. so and so and he could talk, and he texted back saying yes and which number to use. So weird that is okay to be that informal. After all, who even uses who words and correct spelling when texting? Perhaps it is not informal, but seems that way because I and others don't tend to set up professional phone calls that way. Or maybe others really do set up their calls that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment