Friday night Joshua, our friend Jamie and I went to Heber, Utah to help a woman I work with, Valee. It was Valee's son's wedding open house and Valee needed someone to run the kitchen and all the food. So we went. When we got there the chocolate fountain was not working. We took it into the back room, where all the food not yet set out was being stored. After working with it for a half hour, trying to thin the chocolate more, and anything else we could think of it still would not work. So, Jamie and I took all of the chocolate out, and took apart the fountain. We found a clog, cleaned that off then wondering if the inside corkscrew blade was able to turned we put it on the machine, and pushed start.
To our horror, it started...and sprayed chocolate sauce ALL over Jamie and the room. We had forgotten to put the tube which holds it all in over it. We turned it off as fast as we could. With jaws dropped and eyes big, standing covered in chocolate Valee walked into the room. I nearly died! Her walls were covered with chocolate and so were we. (She gasped, said let me go get you a shirt and ran off to get us another top.)
Needless to say, the inside cork screw blade that turns the chocolate to the top of the fountain was working. We knew that for sure. In the end, it all worked out. Jamie and I cleaned ourselves up, cleaned the walls and everything else and finally got the fountain working correctly...an hour and a half later.
Even though it was not an ideal experience, I have to admit, I laughed the whole night about it! In fact I am still laughing. Valee and her house are okay too.


No comments:
Post a Comment