Sunday, August 16, 2009

Last Week at Aspiro

I finished up my last week of my internship as a trailguide. It was sad to realize on Wednesday that in the last 23 days, I had been gone on trail for 20 of them. They had asked if I wanted to stay on for 5 more day. I told them the money would be nice but I would not be able to because most importantly, I have a marriage to take care of. I am sad to leave so many wonderful people that I work with and students, and fun adventures but I am more excited to see my hubby. I know that we can be together forever, but now is the time to be enjoying that too.

During this last week there were many trials with the students and also the vehicle we were driving. It was to say the least, chaotic and not my favorite. But I learned so much about the human need to be feed, played with, laugh, listened to and understood. My patience and ingenuity was tested in new ways. I am glad for the things that I learned.

Our itinerary took us to Coyote Gulch, Escalante, Utah. It was a 14 mile-ish backpacking trip. They had to do it in 2 days instead of 3 because so many of them refused to hike (one after another) which lasted all day long. Here are pictures of our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment