Home buying has been quite an experience for us. Currently we are on our third Realtor because we fired the first. A year and a half ago we walked away from the home with the second Realtor, and in the end, we weren't pleased with her work. So we're on to round three. Our Realtor this time is wonderful!!! She finds homes, and information for us, is straight forward and tells us her professional opinion, yet respects our opinions too.
I've posted on this blog some of the homes that we have seen and have thought about buying. This past Sunday we had narrowed it down to 2 homes, one in Sandy and one in a neat community in South Jordan. On Monday we learned that the South Jordan one had gone under contract (aka - someone else is buying it). We went to see the Sandy house again on Tuesday (this was actually Joshua's first time seeing it in person - he had just seen video before). We decided we wanted to move forward with the Sandy house. Later in the day, the Realtor called to tell us that on Monday, the house went under contract.
This situation has happened so many times before. It's good that houses are selling around here. And we seem to have pretty good taste. It helps me feel better to think that those houses must not be where Heavenly Father wants us to be. We have been praying for His help, and I know it will come. I know that He will get us into a home and area that is good and right for us and our family.
And so the search goes on. Again, we think we have found one. It's in a good neighborhood. It is in the boundary for Joshua's school and we've talked to a lady at Joshua's school who use to live on that street. She loves that area and the people. She says they moved because their family needed more square footage but their house had had that, they would still live there. Tomorrow we will go see it, hope for the best and not give up. Trying to be patient and know that we will find the right one for us.

We were there in 2009. I wish we would have gotten another realitor too. I hated finding all the homes to look at and do all the research. :( Isn't that their job?? I do hope you can find the home you're looking for! I hope you do!
ReplyDelete