Thursday, November 4, 2010

Workings of the Lord in life - I am grateful

I am grateful for the way the Lord guides our lives. 

Two and a half years ago yesterday, Joshua and I were married in the Mesa, Arizona temple.  I am grateful for the opportunity to come to BYU, to have the roommate  I did (Danielle Agle), who introduced me to 2 wonderful girls (Amy Reynolds & Chennell Holmes Curtis) for friends.  I am grateful that we developed a good friendship and wanted to live together our sophmore year at college.  I am grateful that during a apartment searching we were able to see where Amy was living, which was the Riviera Apartments.  I am grateful that finding an apartment was stressful and that we were all able to go our own ways, Chennel and Amy lived together and Danielle and I both found separate housing.  I am grateful to have learned about the Riviera apartments and how close they were to campus, which is where I ended up living.

I am grateful I was able to live there with good roommates, and have good home teachers.  I am grateful that my home teachers introduced me to their roommate Joshua.  I am grateful that Joshua became my home teacher the next semester.  I am grateful that finding a new apartment for Junior year was too stressful, so I stayed there for another year.  I am grateful that Joshua was aslo living at the Riviera that second year too. 

I am grateful that I was able to run into Joshua at the start of our Junior year at OneStop.  I am grateful to have learned that Joshua needed a job.  I am grateful that I was able to take a lifeguarding class the first semester of my freshman year and be hired on at BYU's pool my second semester there.  I am grateful that Joshua needed a job and that I had a good one as a lifeguard.  I am grateful for the relationship I had with the managers (Krista Prusak and Ashley Taylor) to  be able to push his name to be hired.  I am grateful that I was also able to help out at the lifeguard try-outs.  I am grateful that I did not have to evaluate his skills but could be a personal reference for him.  I am grateful that we were able to get to know each other more while working at the pool.  I am grateful for Maria Pack and David Braudt who were good friends with Joshua and I at the pool who liked to talk about relationships and our philosophies on life.  I am grateful that Joshua and I were able to speak very bluntly about our hopes, beliefs and expectations in dating and marriage - even before we were dating.  I am grateful he asked me on a date, then on a second, and so on, and eventually to marry him in the temple so we could be together forever.  I am grateful that our parents liked us.  I am grateful for the covenants we were able to make with each other in the temple of our Lord.  I am grateful for the promises made to us and that the Lord fulfills his promises.  I am grateful that we can be together forever and that we have time together now on earth to learn and progress. 

I am grateful for the workings of the Lord in our lives.  I love the song God moves in a mysterious way.  It says:
  God moves in a mysterious way.  His wonders to perform.  He plants his footsteps in the sea and rides upon the waves.  

I am grateful that my dad and I were asked to sing that hymn at church or else I do not think I would have been exposed to it and have the opportunity to really think about the words.


I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment