So at the reception last night, Joshua and I were helping in the kitchen. It was fun but the best was when the Shelly, the lady who did the food, asked if I would cut the wedding cake up and serve it. What! I thought. No way! I am not going to be responsible for messing up someone's wedding cake. She said she would show me how and off we went. It was so cool to learn how it is done. First you cut a small circle in the middle of the cake and then slice into the cake from outside to the circle. Why do we do it this way? It makes the cake slice easily into nice square pieces. I felt like a pro! Here is a picture of me slicing the cake. I did not know they were taking the picture but anyways, it is proof that I did it. Here is also a picture of the real cake. It was a funfetti cake made and decorated by the brides sister. It was only her second fondant cake. I am impressed.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
I'm a Natural
So at the reception last night, Joshua and I were helping in the kitchen. It was fun but the best was when the Shelly, the lady who did the food, asked if I would cut the wedding cake up and serve it. What! I thought. No way! I am not going to be responsible for messing up someone's wedding cake. She said she would show me how and off we went. It was so cool to learn how it is done. First you cut a small circle in the middle of the cake and then slice into the cake from outside to the circle. Why do we do it this way? It makes the cake slice easily into nice square pieces. I felt like a pro! Here is a picture of me slicing the cake. I did not know they were taking the picture but anyways, it is proof that I did it. Here is also a picture of the real cake. It was a funfetti cake made and decorated by the brides sister. It was only her second fondant cake. I am impressed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment