Last Saturday we fly to California for 29 hours of food, fun, family, friends and a wedding of our dear friend Claire. Sunday we were back in Utah. We calculated we traveled 13 hours getting to and from San Diego and were there for 29 hours. It was quick but worth it.
It was on this trip that I realized we did not just come to California for a wedding (that was a nice excuse) but we really came to California to nurture the relationships we share with others and support those we love (Claire and Chris) in the choices they are making in their lives.
The wedding was held at the Episcopal Church by the Sea in La Jolla, CA. Afterward, there was a delightful reception, formal dinner and dancing a country club in Solona Beach. This was fun for me because I have never been to so formal an affair.
On Sunday morning, Joshua and I made a gingerbread house! I have never done this before and loved it! Elisa, my wonderful mother-in-law, had made the gingerbread and cut out the pieces, prepared royal frosting for us and set out all the candy. It was so much fun. I even made icicles come down from the eaves.
It was great to see Glenn and Elisa again. They are the world greatest in laws! I just love and adore them. It was a quick trip with constant go go go. But it was extremely relaxing! I am sure glad we were able to go.
A while ago I mentioned our Halloween activity. Here is a picture of us and a recap of what we did.
For Halloween we went with the Thomas's to Color Me Mine. Joshua was a BYU swimmer. I was a 50's girl who tried to have tall hair like on the movie Hairspray. Janea was Mrs. Peacock from Clue and Joe was Mr. Plum. On the table are what we painted.
A while ago I mentioned our Halloween activity. Here is a picture of us and a recap of what we did.
For Halloween we went with the Thomas's to Color Me Mine. Joshua was a BYU swimmer. I was a 50's girl who tried to have tall hair like on the movie Hairspray. Janea was Mrs. Peacock from Clue and Joe was Mr. Plum. On the table are what we painted.
No comments:
Post a Comment