I received a phone call a few weeks ago from the creator and director of Vantage Point by Aspiro. Aspiro is where I did my internship as a social work therapeutic trial guide over the summer. Vantage Point or VP is the group I tended to work the most with. They specialize in working with youth who in addition to behavioral and emotional issues (and for some drug issues) have a range learning and neurodevelopmental disorders like Aspergers, Tourettes, ADD/ADHD. We even specialize in working with youth with computer addictions. So Gordon Day, who is the creator of VP called and offered me a job as his clinical assistant. I have accepted the position. It is a wonderful opportunity to use the skills I have gained while studying social work at BYU. It is also a wonderful opportunity to work with amazing professional. Dr. Day is one of the leading authorities in Autism/Aspergers in the United States. I am his assistant! My work currently entails creating treatment plans, discharge summaries and weekly progress reviews for each student. I enjoy it.
Joshua and I feel so blessed to have this opportunity. I was planning on going back to work for Aspiro in January as a trail guide again. But I HATE the snow. I freeze to death! Now I will not have to! And I still get to work with people that I absolutely love.
No comments:
Post a Comment