Today I saw the show Giada at Home; a cooking show. I had never seen this show before but I liked it. She made some simple dishes that looked so good! One was a parfait. I went and got the ingredients and made it tonight. Joshua took a bit a chewed for a long time. I asked him how he like it, and he told me to try it. I know that always means it is not good.
To say the least, it was DISGUSTING! The texture was horrible! In the show she used yogurt mixed with ricotta cheese. That was layered on granola, and fruit jam. In case you were thinking of trying it, don't.
Usually, when I cook, I taste things a couple of times along the way to make sure everything's coming out right. Sometimes, though, I don't get a chance to, and I'm always wary of what other people are going to think. Still, there's a little part of me that's secretly glad that others are trying it first just in case it's really gross. I would be appalled if it was, but at the same time, be filled with secret glee that others had to eat it and I didn't.
ReplyDelete