I love the following quote by Julie B. Beck.
"A good woman knows that she does not have enough time, energy, or opportunity to take care of all of the
people or do all of the worthy things her heart yearns to do. Life is not calm for most women, and each day seems to require the accomplishment of a million things, most of which are important. A good woman must constantly resist alluring and deceptive messages from many sources telling her that she is entitled to more time
away from her responsibilities and that she deserves a life of greater ease and independence. But with personal revelation, she can prioritize correctly and navigate this life confidently."
I love this quote because it rings true to me. Each day I have a million things to do. I need help in keeping balance, harmony and focus in my life. At work I hold very high expectations of myself. At times I think to myself, "I am superwoman" because of all that I have to do and because I actually am able to do it. So often it is just unreal how much I have to do. But I also think that I do a good job. I know that it is only through Heavenly Father's help that I am able to do a good job and get all that I need to done. There are some days I am so stressed and things don't seem like they could possibly work out but they do. They always do.
Then I get home from work. I feel like I fall so short. I do not feel like superwoman. Today I did make it to the grocery store so that was great. But the groceries are still on the counter. I did the dishes yesterday but there are more in the sink today. The laundry is washed but sitting next to me in a pile on the bed. At least the bed is made...well was made. The laundry is on one half and I am under the covers on the other. The bathroom needs to be cleaned and so do the floors. I did not make dinner tonight but I did make lunch (chicken and vegetables). I did not eat the lunch I made. Instead I sliced strawberries and put sugar on it. I ate a grapefruit also, of course with sugar. I was going to go exercise but am tired. I want to be with Joshua but he is sick and playing on the computer.
Well what can I say... not enough time or energy to do all that I want to do. I do need to re-prioritize my life. I am grateful for personal revelation which can help me figure out what I should be doing and where I should be focusing.
You are by far one of the hardest working friends that I know of. Don't be too hard on yourself. If you work full time, allow yourself time when you come home just to be a couch potatoe. When you've finally had enough of your own "me time", then set a little timer and see what you can accomplish with a time limit, or vice versa, do your 30 minute cleaning and then allow yourself time to be a bum. I will proudly admit that even though our dishwasher is acting weird, that I will let my dishes sit in the sink for a full week, and I don't give myself a hard time about it. We work full time!! I love you girl!! You need to take care of yourself, so that you'll keep Josh happy too. :) That's the real secret...when you're happy, he'll be happy.
ReplyDeleteMandi, I love you. You are so wise about setting a timer. I have a habit of getting home and letting myself be a couch potato but that's about where it ends. I need to set a timer to work for 30 minutes and them continue relaxing. I'll let you know how it goes.
ReplyDelete