Friday, May 14, 2010

Graduation!

Did I mention Joshua graduated?  On April 23, 2010, Joshua and I walked hand in hand at Brigham Young Universities Commencement ceremony.  We walked together in the School of Humanities.  It was a nice event.  I was so proud of Joshua for completing his Bachelors of Arts in English Secondary Education with a minor in Spanish Teaching.  It was nice for me too to walk in the commencement ceremonies as I truly felt a sense of accomplishment and pride; a feeling I do not often have.

Our families were there too.  Jasmyne came up on Tuesday but left on Wednesday so she was not at the graduation.  Ben had also entered the MTC on Wednesday so he was not there and Derek my brother in law was also on a mission, so he too was not there. 

It was nice to have all of our family in town too.  Mom and Dad Williamson gave us each a beautiful carnation lei.  This helped them pick us out of the mass of blue robes.  Later that day, Uncle Stan MacBean took our pictures.  We had a bbq on Saturday evening at Aunt Corrinne MacBeans home.  My family was there and so was some of Joshua's extended family.  On Saturday afternoon, we all went up Provo Canyon to Bridal Veil Falls.  There we had a picnic, the boys tossed around a ball with their lacrosse sticks.  Joshua and I brought our hammock that we bought in Mexico on our honeymoon.  It was the first time we had used it.  After 2 years we figured it was about time.

So what's next?  It seems a bit like a midlife crisis.  Today Joshua turns 25.  He is looking for a job and is not in school.  It is a strange feeling to not know exactly where you are going next.  But I do not doubt he will find a job.  He is so talented and more than that, I know that Heavenly Father will help him find employment and guide him to where he is to be as Joshua continues to seek that will.

No comments:

Post a Comment